PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash at Blackbushe.
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2015, 16:38
skyrangerpro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some more info has come to light in the monthly General Aviation Reports:

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/General...ust%202015.pdf

"FLY BUY ULTRALIGHTS IKARUS
C42
BOMBARDIER ROTAX Missed approach
or go-around
EGLF (FAB): Farnborough
civil
31/07/2015 201511570
Aircraft refused permission to land at diversion airport.
I was in the circuit at Blackbushe instructing a student pilot on the day of the accident. We were on final for runway 25 when an aircraft exploded after landing long on the
runway. After going around we were passed over the crash site. Just after the FISO announced that the airport was closed. Both myself and the student were in shock
following the accident and we agreed that the best course was to land asap. I changed frequency to Farnborough Radar 125.25 and explained that there had been an
accident at our destination airfield was closed. I said we didn’t have much fuel left and we were requesting to divert. The controller gave me an unusual squawk of 0460
and asked if we were declaring an emergency, I replied not declaring an emergency but given that we had just seen an accident I felt the safest option was to land as
soon as possible. The controller replied that he would check to see if they would accept us. After a while I had not had a reply and asked which way did he want us to
join. I was informed that the airport would not accept us "'as they did not have the right fuel". I was surprised at refusal but still as there was no damage to our aircraft
declaring an emergency was not appropriate. I then heard a R44 request and being accepted for a diversion. Aircraft then diverted to Fairoaks."

Last edited by skyrangerpro; 16th Sep 2015 at 22:22. Reason: quote marks