PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2015, 16:17
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All crew go through an English language test as the first part of the assessment, all training and assessment is done in English so anyone would need a good command of the English language to pass the course. I'm struggling to see how she made it to the line if that's the case.

True, but how many times do you hear the safety PA being made as if a speed record is being chased. It's sector 4,5 or 6 of a long day. repetition, repetition and yet do it again. Yawn, get it over with. It's human nature.
In my local national airline the purser does the PA from memory standing up and talking to the passengers face to face eye to eye. It is professional, respectful and demands attention. I hate it when I see pursers making PA's deliberately standing behind the bulkhead and not engaging with their audience as if they are scared. These PA's about duty free etc. are done from memory. It is dreadful. It might be that the SOP is for the safety PA to be read from a script so there is no error. OK, but it still can be read intelligently and intelligibly. A purser should project themselves as being in charge of proceedings and not a frightened rabbit.