PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyjet
Thread: Flyjet
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2003, 21:24
younglad20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry flyjet

Well thanks very much monarch girl, shame you didnt get in, and im surprised as we are CRYING out for crew.The crew will be LGW/MAN split and also DUB if the base is up and running by then.This is so that all crew are given a fair crack of the whip as far as long haul is concerned.The crew will operate through from LGW to Amritsar, the flight is only 7hrs 38.In response to Mudcity, if the flight was operated by a Flyjet a/c and not Electra
(shudder) the issues you mentioned have been put to cabin services previously and should be resolved very shortly.The fact you only recieved tea and coffee surprises me, my most recent flight from PVK to LGW with a full load we did call bell drinks as we had a majorly busy duty free round and lots of supernumary crew on board, so there was still a drinks service done, just not with carts.But as for no drinks, that is most definately not a standard part of the Flyjet product.We as crew have said we NEED newspapers/magazines I/B ,and kiddie packs are being sourced.That should be done soon and the IFE system IS operational, however we cannot use it.Im not sure to the exact reason for this as its not been confirmed, but its either due to the fact we do not yet have a licence to show programming or, MYT/Ansett havent yet sent on the paperwork that belongs to the IFE system,without which it cannot be used due to new regs issued following IFE fires over the last few months with other carriers a/c. Teething troubles thats all.All pax ive dealt with were thrilled with the service, however, you cannot please everyone all of the time.