PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what are my chances
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2003, 21:17
Globaliser
Too mean to buy a long personal title

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
russelldav:
unfortunately though i cannot benefit from a furhter 12 hours of online checkin though, under BA's terms and conditions:

3.1 Individuals who are 18 years of age or over may apply for membership provided they have taken one Tier Points eligible flight sector within the 3 month period prior to the date their application is received by British Airways.

which i don't meet
No, you're looking at the new terms and conditions of the Executive Club, which do not come into force until 1 July, ie Tuesday. The current 3.1 reads:-
3.1 Individuals with a resident address in the Territory, which must be their preferred mailing address can, if 18 years of age or over, apply for Membership.
I joined up a friend online yesterday (immediately after posting on this thread, as it happens). It took 30 seconds and I got a membership number back immediately on screen.

While one must not encourage those who are too young from signing up to the Exec Club, it is an undeniable fact that the basic required details in the form did not include age, although there is an optional request for date of birth and an equally optional request for passport details.