PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2015, 13:27
electrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is Easyjet related but prompted by the recent BA 777 fire in Las Vegas and in particular obeying the cabin crew instructions.
In June I flew ABZ to LTN return twice and had issues with three of those flights. By far the worst was a lengthy announcement made by an oriental FA whose accent was so strong and speech so fast I could only make out about 5% of what she said. Initially I thought it was just me, but looking around there were many others giving sideways glances to each other in bewilderment but holding back lest they make fools of themselves. Eventually about half the passengers burst out laughing, the most hysterical one being, ironically, an Oriental man. I wrote to Easyjet describing this and the other issues and about a month later received a reply completely ignoring the intelligibility issue. I wrote again expressing my disappointment at their failure to take a cabin safety issue seriously and about a month later received a cursory reply. Why did I bother? I was an affected passenger and work with cabin safety on a daily basis in my job.
And my point is.........if you cannot discern what is being said, how do you obey and how do you take subsequent announcements seriously? VERY POOR show Easyjet.