PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will a robot take your job?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2015, 08:17
lanef300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An automation bubble will form one day very soon where we discover we have very little to live for if computers are doing everything. What is it that makes this world go around at the end of the day? It is the ability to do something someone else can't or won't whilst taking financial reward in the process. What worth will we have as humans if we can't do anything for a living? We certainly can't rely on the state for help! The automation bubble will burst and it will probably burst long before pilotless airliners are a reality.
I'm sorry to read that, but I would strongly disagree.
If I don't have to work, be assured that my life will not be empty. There are endless amounts of books to read, languages to learn, music to listen to, things to see, experience, debate!

A world centred over culture and philosophy, in the view of some during the Enlightenment, sounds more attractive to me than the one from the XIXth century...

It won't prevent us from flying a Cap232 on the weekend...Or innovate or anything else! But life does not have to be all about enslaved to work...