PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Game on. Turnbull quits Ministry, call for Leadership spill
Old 15th Sep 2015, 04:14
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
via Horatio Leafblower:
The voters elected a party and the party elects its leader.

The fact is that Tony Abbott as leader tried to implement the things he promised he wouldn't do; and he didn't implement the things he promised he would.

His style was that of a very effective opposition leader, but he never made the transition to Prime Minister, as a leader of the nation.

Abbott didn't make the grade in the opinion of a great many Australians, and the Liberal party (to their credit) has replaced him with a man than a great many more Australians feel respect or affection for.

As some commentators have noted, it was Abbott, Rudd and Gillard that made Australian politics the brutal blood-bath of the post-Howard years.

I don't believe this is a wonderful clean new beginning but I have more hope for the standard of national debate today than I had at this time on Friday last week.
Hmmm... reads like something lifted from an ABC web site. Can Horatio Leafblower give us the link please..

"The voters elected a party and the party elects its leader." Technically correct, though in the minds of most voters they elected the Abbott Government. Or before that the Rudd or Gilard Governments.
Suggest a goggle search of the term "Abbott government" etc, to see how people generally see the governments they elect.

Its a fair call from we the voters to say we did NOT elect the turnbull government.

"I have more hope for the standard of national debate today than I had at this time on Friday last week."
Well the rats have been flushed out and are in charge now so I expect the leaks and undermining will stop..

The trouble for the rats is they got no-where to hide now..