PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2015, 04:09
Rotaiva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accommodation & Resignation Period

Found the reference to the accommodation question in the 'accommodation handbook'. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me cut & paste it.

Accommodation Handbook Ref: Grade 9+ - B1 - 11.2

"The company will bear the cost for a maximum of two nights accommodation ..."

Now here is another point worth debating; the 3 months resignation notice/period! I am aware that this time frame is listed in the employee handbook but here is a copy & paste from the 'UAE Labor Law' code: -

The characteristics of an unlimited term contract on the other hand are as follows:
  1. The contract provides a commencement date but no completion date.
  2. A contract will be considered “unlimited” if: (i) it is an oral contract; (ii) it is not for a specified period; (iii) it was for a specified period but the parties continued to act on its terms and conditions after its expiry, without any written contract specifying the completion date; (iv) the purpose of the employment is to complete work not estimated within a specified time-frame; or (v) it is by its nature renewable and the contract continues after the work agreed upon is completed.
  3. The contract may be terminated by mutual agreement or by either of the parties providing the other with a minimum of 30 days’ notice of termination.
  4. The contract may be terminated for a justified cause at any time on giving at least 30 days notice of termination. The notice period may be less for employees working on a daily basis.
The less time I spend in this 'dump' the better..

Thoughts??