PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing CB statement contradictiom
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2015, 18:20
No Fly Zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grades and CBs?

OK, your "B" in English may have been a gift. Native or not, at least we understand your meaning and faaar better than those who write 'Engrish.' Get over it.
I too often wonder about the overly restrictive rules about circuit breakers. There is a huge difference between pulling and then pushing one on your own, as opposed to simply resetting one that has popped on its own. Short of a most critical system, if the books says two minutes for cooling, I'd give it five, kill the on/off of the device where possible and reset Only One Time. (If it burps again or when the device is powered up again, you've got a problem and must fly or divert without that device or system.
References to LOT must refer to their gear-up landing a couple of years ago. Given the length of that flight, I've always been surprised that the pilots, thier own Mx and even Boeing's engineers apparently never tried or suggested a breaker scan or a reset of a specific breaker. As I recall, the bird belly landed and with a critical, gear-related breaker in the OPEN position. I think I also recall that the Mx folks never found any fault other than the popped breaker. Why - I guess we will never know. That said, leaving it open for most of the flight and then resetting the breaker while doing the landing configuration would have posed little or no risk. It is just one of those things that this little brain will never understand. I was not there and there could have been other considerations that did not make it into the final report. There are but a dozen or so folks who do know - and they are not talking.