PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet DEP recruitment
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2015, 17:59
WonderBus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am young, a product of a training school and have a loan. So, in summary, the subject of Lluccifer's ire.

In the interest of balance and perspective, here is my situation:
Yes I do have a loan, no it doesn't need renegotiating. I am on a good easyJet UK contract. This is isn't unusual or hard to come by, but the normal in the UK. Unfortunately I'll concede that easyJet has a long list of faults and some of the European contracts leave a lot to be desired.

With regards to gaining experience and going no where, myself and circa 300 easyJet FOs have/are joined/joining BA because we have the requisite experience.

Ultimately joining easyJet or becoming a 'cadet' is an individual choice, but I spent my whole time training reading posts on pprune slating my chosen route and telling me that I'd end up jobless with a huge loan. It hasn't happened and I don't consider myself an anomaly. Whilst I'm not saying jump headlong into it all consider that the people who are happy in their jobs don't generally bother with pprune and people who have issues bravely do so from behind a veil of anonymity. Consider all the options, what you really want and what is right for you and ask the right people for advice.