PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian trips worth doing? Still exist? (Sydney)
Old 13th Sep 2015, 14:30
gerry111

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Alchemy 101, You've clearly been badly disappointed in the past. My experience of flying GA around Australia with a mate since 1987, has always been positive. And lots of fun!

The internet is your friend to find interesting and fun places to fly GA to, in Australia.

Perhaps obtain an AOPA 'Pilots Touring Guide'? Lots of good idea destinations to be found there. It's not all doom and gloom.

If you are flying an Arrow, you could fly from the Sydney area to YWMC return within about a week or so, WX permitting. I'd suggest a few more days to also explore Wilpena Pound and Arkaroola in the Flinders Ranges.

(Last year when I was at Arkaroola, I walked half way from the village to YARK with an eighty year old lady pilot who walks faster than 57 year old me. If you and your brother are in your twenties, you should have no problems if you have to walk into towns from 7km. With Telstra G3 you can usually ring a motel for a free pick up anyway. (Organise beforehand.)

Looking forward to hear how your trip went.

PS: Triadic, good advice!