PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence College of Technical Training - Canned
Old 13th Sep 2015, 05:33
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd really like to know how many of the Admin Branch officers (Pers Spt in new pence) have ever worked on a major construction project outside of the MOD and, indeed, have any professional qualifications...and no, I don't mean membership of the British Institute of Facilities Management.

I recall trying to explain 10 years ago that there was not net gain in attempting to rationalise Lyenham as half the site had been seized under Defence Regulatikns (Emergency Powers) act and therefore had to be offered back to the original owners at the unimproved value- at time of requisition. I also argued to professionalise the Branch after having to share the embarrassment of attending a works group meeting at Kandahar with a young FLt Lt who represented the RAF estate there and it transpired, in front of a room of PQEs from across NATO, that she'd held as OC Works at Halton...for 3 months, and that was her sum total of airfield construction and maintenance experience.