PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Major problems with FLYBE Q400s
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2003, 04:15
Raw Data

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the leyland brothers

Well I see you haven't changed your stripes then...

As others have noted, the repair was supervised/inspected/signed off by Boeing engineers, which is why Boeing accepted liability. It doesn't have to be done in Seattle to be a "Boeing repair". The repair was, in every sense that matters, a Boeing repair.

I hereby correct my body count- "only" 520 died. I'm surprised you think the distinction relevant the argument. I did say it was all from memory, not out of a book, now, didn't I?

But to compare three years of service history from something less than 60 Dash 8 400s with the many decades of service from more than 15,000 Boeings would seem a bit like comparing apples with oranges.
Talk about me shooting from the hip! If you bothered to read the posts, you will see that I was doing no such thing as compare the two sets of fleets- there is no meaningful comparison. I was making the point regarding "serious" failures, and then responding to some dissent from the ranks.

Perseus

By eck lad you don't arf speak some drivel...

Losing a panel (not a door as previously reported) is hardly a serious failure, now, is it?

I agree, Aussie accents can be a bit dodgy, glad I'm not an Aussie! (apologies to all Aussies, make it up to you at the next Bledisloe Cup)

You stick to your footy, now, there's a good chap...