PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 500hrs new min norm?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2015, 21:15
aurora03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500hrs new min norm?

Gday everyone,

Was hoping for some advice/opinions from both recent students looking for their first job or even chief pilots/operators. Just your (extra)ordinary pilot looking to make the first break. Looking forward to getting some boots dusty and landing on dirt strips!

I have been seeing and hearing in the recent months/past year now that small operators are now requiring minimum 500 hours (insurance purposes). I have seen a number of times to a few people like myself (recently finished) who made the move for this years dry season being told they require 500. It's made me slightly nervous as going out with approx 250 hours and 100 PIC..how is somone who's finished their training and looking forward of going bush, ever going to find work if this is becoming the norm? That's of course if it's true. It wont stop me though because as they say you dont know until you try...and you definitly wont find anything sittin at home whingin` . But I wanted to get some clarity and opinions from others of their own recent experience,or even opinions of operators themselves on whether this all true or not.