PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - inbound routings to Luton
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2003, 03:43
Topofthestack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What does disappoint me about many of the posts I'm reading is that pilots who regularly use airspace into their home bases don't seem to have a clue about what's going on down in the ATC department. Perhaps a visit to LTCC wouldn't go amiss!

Yep. sorry old bean but it's getting hellishly busy around BPK (not a place I'd buy a house!). Indications are that traffic this month is up about 10% in TC. Combine that with a lot of easterlies (which makes it more difficult on all TC sectors in the BPK area), an increase in SS traffic and more of you guys will be seeing more of BKY and points north on the way into GW! My advice is if the frequency (118.82) is busy, don't even try and ask!

There were plans for major alterations in the LOREL airspace involving other, separate, stacks for GW but DfT get all twitchy about changing SID's and stacks etc because of the noise lobby. Anything to do with this (don't mind the safety aspects of what's already going on) and you have years of consultation and indecision. Combine this with the TC Ops department being forced to deal with taking on airspace into TC to help out the Swanwick fiasco, developments of LC to appease their management so they can justify spending huge sums on runway expansion, the move of TC to Swanwick and you get a piece of airspace that needs urgently sorting out and no resources to do it with. I'd just load a little more gas in future because those short cuts are disappearing rather rapidly!

Last edited by Topofthestack; 29th Jun 2003 at 04:07.