PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAe LIMIT THE 146 TO FL260 DUE ENGINE ICING.
Old 9th May 2001, 15:19
KADS

Exclamation

Just a quick word....
Rawdata - the 146 diving to the ground was not a pilot suicide, but an employee that had been caught stealing, been fired because of it, and then shot the 2 pilots as to make the a/c crash because his boss (who fired him) was also onboard.

As for the fumes, I used to work at one of the airlines which had the pilot incapaction situation and I for one am very troubled every time there is a suspicious smell in the cabin. My new company calls for immediate donning of O2 masks for all crew whenever there is a suspicious smell, but everyone who has flown the 146 knows that these "strange smells" do occur pretty frequently, usually from the APU air in conjuction with de-icing fluid. That means should we follow intructions we would more often than seldom fly around with masks donned. Not an ideal situation. This will lead to complacency of the problem, since crew is reluctant to don the masks. "Probably just the Apu air again".
Therefore I think there is a problem to be taken seriously and not only by O2 mask donning in case of suspected air contamination, but investigation of each and every reported case until the reason/problem is found and solved. Does that mean grounding every suspected individual a/c , so be it.
After having learnt that folks down in Australia have actually lost there medicals due to this, that is serious enough for me. I love flying the 146 but wouldn't exchange my future career for it

...just my personal opinion