PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Support / Advice / ? Throw in the towel
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2015, 10:36
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jez

What a kind offer to make to him ! I hope he takes it up as the RV8 is a delight to fly ) I flew an RV6 which was a dream and it will certainly show him how much fun aircraft other than the normal spam cans can be!
Getting to the problem 80 hrs is a lot of investment in time and money and it would be a shame to throw in the towel when land should be in sight after a long journey!

You don't mention those 80 hours on route to where you are now ? I find it strange that anyone would tell you to consider chucking it in at this late stage ?
Where were they before when they were happily taking your money to amount those hours ?

Were any problems highlighted earlier on in circuit or handling ? You say that on the ground all is clear but once in the air everything goes pear shaped ?
This would indicate that for some reason you are leaving your brains behind ?
That can be nerves stress or could be the style of the instructor?
Someone who is very critical and impatient can destroy your confidence rather than add to it?

Need more information from you but something is not right that it has taken 80 hours to find you have a problem ?
I also do not like how you describe yourself as incompetent and have a sneaking feeling that maybe it's the instructor who is incompetent as its his failure if you chuck it in

Pace