PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flaperon washes up on Reunion Island
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2015, 22:13
andrasz

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by birdspeed
counter balance against the pilot suicide conspiracy

You may note I carefully avoided referring to this. From the evidence it may be deducted that someone intentionally caused the plane to fly on the course it did.

I have yet to see any plausible explanation on how an aircraft with a complete electronic failure (whatever caused it) could, all by itself, make a meandering essentially uncontrolled flight with altitude and course deviations and then miraculously climb to cruise level and maintain a straight heading for next six hours until fuel exhaustion. All reports agree that the last phase of the flight over the IO is consistent with the aircraft under autopilot control, and someone had to engage it were off in the first place. I'm sure Boing has looked at this very carefully, and were an electric failure combined with loss of cabin pressure an option through any means, it would have been published or at least mentioned by a party to the investigation. It would be in the interest of MH to grab at any plausible evidence for a technical malfunction to have caused this.