PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell OH-58 cyclic issues
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2015, 20:34
Radam559

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply's guys...

Its an OH-58 A+ and when I am referring to it being "sluggish" I mean the roll rate just seems slow... there is no delay in the reaction when I apply cyclic it just rolls slow. I would say that there is minimal if any T/R pedal that needs to be consistently held during cruise flight, but then again I am flying aggressively while coming in and out of the field over power lines or other obstacles so there is some pedal work with regards to the power changes that are being made. typically when I am in my spray pass at about 60 I would say that I have a lot of right pedal in to keep the ball centered... I find that when I am making my turns (either direction) I am always needing right pedal to keep the ball centered, left turns are requiring a more right pedal. I am still somewhat new to the Ag industry so I know I am not the smoothest pilot out there, so there could be something to that, but I do try and stay in trim as much as I possibly can. I have heard one pilot from a different operation saying that with the saddle tanks (like we use) there can be a tendency for the fluid to shift to one side that can cause cyclic issue, but as I said before, it seems to want to do it weather I am fully loaded or even empty, so i don't know. I'll have to do a little work and check into the lateral CG... The mech did tinker with the swashplate today so well see if that makes any difference either good or bad.