PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAe LIMIT THE 146 TO FL260 DUE ENGINE ICING.
Old 4th May 2001, 03:40
Raw Data

Cool

Thanks f4f, but I just happen to enjoy having a go at the woolly thinking and one-sided nonsense espoused by people such as effendi. I also love a good argument!

As for "denial", oh please, do me a favour. I know my aircraft, including all its faults. As I have a vested interest in getting home alive, I pay particular attention to this stuff. However, unlike many, I can put problems in context. I can also judge the relative risk of operating an aircraft. The reality is that the 146 is both statistically, and practically, a very safe aircraft. Most of the recent publicity is nothing more than scaremongering, and is in any case completely out of date. It is as much driven by the hope of seriously large litigation payouts as anything else. Some of the investigations are flawed, and you have to wonder at the real motives behind them.

When posters here give equal consideration to the faults of other types, I will believe they are actually concerned with safety. However, the diatribes of people like Effendi are so obviously biased, that it is clear that safety is not the issue. I am STILL waiting for someone to admit that the faults of the 737 are far more serious than anything yet found on the 146...