PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally Started my Training!
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2015, 10:56
Martin_123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
passed my skills test a month ago, I was expecting myself to jump up in the air from happiness, party all night, but somehow I felt absolutely nothing. Tired, exhausted - yes - but happy? I know I've been happier.. Anyway, bless the IAA, I got my licence on hand just a few days later, got my first passenger and only then I realized what's wrong. I am so used to training routine it's hard to switch away from that - I still arrive at the club and look at my instructor like a dog looks at it's owner expecting the instructor to say - ok lets go to the aircraft.. The route to PPL is full of milestones - you have your first flight, your medical, your solo, your written exams, your qualifying cross country and the skills test. It just felt as if another milestone has been reached but I have a million more to reach (in a way that's kind of true)

It's all me now, you don't fully digest it until you're taking off with your first PAX, this is when the bell rings, learning curve continues, you have new responsibilities now, you're a fully licensed pilot! Obviously the joy finally kicked in once I got my first pax down on the ground in one piece, we were both smiling and laughing like mad, real joy, doesn't get any better than this..

as for the paying up front bit, I know the general advice is not to do it as many schools can go bust, but I did it anyway as I have great trust in my club and ended up saving nearly a grand. Use your own judgement in this matter.