PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2015, 10:12
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having joined Jet2 in the LHS, I've been happy with my experience so far. I know saying that will ruffle a few feathers but there you go. Yes, there are a few quirky ways of doing things, the roster pattern isn't fixed and the lack of weekends off seems universal to most but that's largely it. Note to self - make better use of the RDO system! On a positive, I now live under 30 minutes away from my base, I'm enjoying the flying and I haven't seen too much roster disruption at all (seems base dependent so I'm not arguing that it doesnt occur). I've had a pretty positive experience with the leave system, which was non existent in my last company. In comparison, there are some later starts and even later finishes and the threat of deep into the night flying like TOM or TCX may loom with the new aircraft arriving; as does wet and damp leasing programs. I have no experience with this type of flying however the new aircraft order is encouraging and I feel happy about the commercial approach that the company has adopted. There'll be some new challenges but ordering new metal is what was required and it will ultimately move the business forward.
Winter is around the corner and, at present, this delivers a quiet period with very little flying. Having flown 800-900 hours a year through all weathers, winter ops etc that's just fine by me! And yes, I'm on 100% permanent before anyone asks.
Everywhere has its problems and in certain circumstances this may depend upon where you live, where you are based and what seat you fly from. So far, I've been pretty happy with Jet2. Sorry to go against the grain here however pprune does a great job in harbouring negativity across the board. I've equally been as guilty in the past.

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 11th Sep 2015 at 10:37.