PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 777 on fire in Las Vegas
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2015, 21:40
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So if you have fewer memory drills, perhaps it's because you are deviating from the manufacturer's recommendations? (Or you aren't flying Airbus/Boeing?)
Does Boeing have 13 drills with memory items these days? I sure don't think so.

I remember years ago riding in the cockpit of a B-763 with some of our Deltoid friends. They had one of those long 'before takeoff' checklists including things like 'Gyros - Erect and aligned'. At the time the Boeing 'before takeoff' checklist had only one item (I hate it when those autothrottles just won't engage ).

They explained that many of the items were put in to assure commonality with the DC-8 training. Of course, the Mighty Diesel Eights were long gone by then. Drop-rise, drop-rise (or at some places - double drop-rise ).

Whip,
With respect, Emergency Evacuation is not a memory item on the B777 in BA.
Check your QRH Checklist Instructions. It is a reference checklist.
Yep, this is the transition I was talking about. I claim to have flown Boeings and Airbuses for the past three decades but I'm probably just another poser with a flight simulator in the basement.

Years ago the evac checklist had maybe ten memory items and was sometimes hidden in some obscure tab for the amusement of the feds and sim instructors (places like 'Doors' or 'Aircraft General').

Then maybe it went down to two items like 'Parking Brake - Set', 'Tower - Notify'.

And now, as you say, a reference list with no memory items.