PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ascoteers Multiple Choice
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2003, 21:07
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
Zoom - join anything 'as a last resort' and don't be surprised if you're told to sling your hook!!

Exchange Officers - wonderful fun. When Concorde was doing some CT at Brize, it was always worth asking the tame Spam "Have you lot got many of those?". But the best was with the FAF exchange pilot Roger Ricard at Brawdy. Doing cine weave (sorry, truckies, this is pointy head stuff) he once said "Non, non, powairrr erpp, powairrr erpp" when I was doing that "Track, track, throttle back, roll, airbrake, power" thing trying to stabilise my sight piccie in range behind the mate in the other Hunter. Well, that's what I thought he said - until he took control and said "Merde alors, what you do. I say power erff!". There's a fair bit of difference between 'Power UP' and 'Power OFF' when spoken in English; in Franglais through a P-mask and impressive moustache there isn't! You could always tell when it was lunchtime - the crewroom went IMC with garlic! He'd never accept the usual Bloggs' offer of instant coffee post-flight - he'd say "Non - but if you 'ave a leetle red wine?". So after my end of course trip at TWU, that's precisely what he got! Slugged it back out of sight of the other staff pilots and then went flying again. Great guy!!