PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2003, 21:00
Bubbletoes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sentenza (Mike) and more EFT info

If that is the Mike who i think it is, ummmm You did NOT get a first time pass in your CPL??? I believe you got only got a partial pass and had to go up again with the examiner a day or so later???

But to add to the stockpile on EFT opinion, yes i would definately say they had good instructors. They got me through my time there. The accommodation was excellant the houses in vero beach were brand new and spotless. It had all the basic needs and requirements and if there was anything else that you needed just go talk to peggy. The only downside is that now and then she would pop by the house so you had to make sure it was clean or you might get a little telling off. Although, sometimes it depends if you live with a pig or not.

One of the big down points i will make sure to say is that make sure you get any money left on your account back. It takes forever to get it back off them, i had to wait over 3mths to get cash back from them and it wasnt everything, i am still waiting for the rest of it and i have sent emails in which everytime i am told it is on its way. Be persistant in that area.

Also be sure when it comes to the ground briefings that you make sure how long it lasts for, once i was going to be charged for a 1hr briefing when it only took 10 mins! keep an eye on your watch and then check your invoice and make sure no mistakes are there. It is very easily done and i know it has happened with others. i dont think they purposely mean to do that but it is easy to do so write down how much time each ground briefing lasts for and check what the instructor writes down.

But i had a good time there, the planes all did what they were supposed to do and i had no problems with the ac apart from a complete electrical failure once but i got down safe and sound. If you keep an eye for those points you should have a good experience.