PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 28th Jun 2003, 19:52
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
Last time I checked.....when the donk expires....the laws of gravity....compel one to descend.

One may ascend by trading speed for height but ultimately....gravity wins every time. If you are lower than the bridge then colliding with the bridge following an engine failure is highly unlikely I would assume.

I dare say, the risk of some hairy legged , skirt wearing, highland ruffian, chunking an empty bottle of McEwans at you might far exceed that of hitting the bridge. Imagine explaining to the boss wallah how you got the windy broke by a beer bottle.....or how you cut up a bag of rubbish with the rotor blades?

The real question in my mind....is how Skye's charm has been ruined by construction of the bridge. I much prefer to think of the days when one had the opportunity to wait for the ferry and thus get to meet your neighbors. Of all the places I lived at in the UK....Skye ranks right up there as one of the two best.....right along with my time in Teeside.