PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 777 on fire in Las Vegas
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2015, 07:03
atpcliff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Following an RTO, well-trained flight crew are educated to ensure the park brake is set, the reverser(s) is/are stowed and clear handover of control is given to the captain, if the FO was flying the aircraft (unsure in this instance who's sector it was)."

I have been trained by 3 U.S. airlines. All of them required the Capt to make the reject decision and conduct the reject. It is the FOs job to ensure positive transfer of control to the Capt, and then call the tower ASAPractical. So, transfer of control would have been completed well prior to the aircraft getting stopped, if completing this (U.S. standard?) procedure.

I just checked our Evac Checklist just to make sure: No mention of thrust reversers.

Our Cabin Crew can initiate an evacuation on their own, if necessary.

Most U.S.airlines don't have hats (mine doesn't)...one less thing to worry about during evac.

Re memory items: about a year ago my airline ended them. Instead of memory items we have a "Quick Reference Checklist" which has all of the former memory items on one card: We read off the card and perform the steps on the checklist.

It sounds like U.S. carriers do it differently than euro carriers.

Last edited by atpcliff; 10th Sep 2015 at 07:50.