PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing under HT cables
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2015, 06:19
Peter-RB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it seems most disagree with my comment , which was just that, based in the UK we are told wires Kill, and to stay well away from them, I understand all you chaps who for your living fly near ,alongside and through wires to fulfill your contracted work obligations, but taken in the context of the lie of the land in the area were I saw the R44 land, I went to look on foot, the HT cables ar at the very lowest I feel is legal for power transmission in the UK due to the terrain the R44 pilot landed in a downhill slope and took off towards trees to a height of 30/40ft within 50/75 yds of actual touchdown, ... however .750 yards away is a wide FLAT cable free field.
Some may say " And your point is" well I am only a PPL(H) but I know exactly which LZ I would have picked, if Pros feel that I am being too ultra safe in what I say and report ....then sorry but safe trumps risk( or balanced risk) anyday in my world..

Thank you TC for you comments, I was trained Never fly under or near cables, and I am still doing that..!