PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Aussies are coming
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2015, 12:48
Eyes only

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cf680c2b
I beg to differ on the assertion that aviation is global. Aviation has always been a protected realm and still is. Can I go work for Qantas, BA, Air Canada, Air France, South African, JAL (not alter ego JALways). No, I cannot if I do not hold the passport or the license (Now, what the Queen’s commonwealth do with each other, I’m not too sure about). There are small pockets within various regions that have opened their doors for foreign Pilot for one reason only, supply. Once they procure that supply domestically, guess what will happen to the expat?
The reason the E3 visa bill was passed by congress was that Australia already had given the right for Americans in professions the right to work in Australia. The bill is reciprocating what is available to Americans, except the USA put a cap on the number of visas issued to 10,500. Australia does not have a cap. Australia will also issue a visa to a skilled technical trade (eg a welder), the USA requirement is college degree or equivalent.

Australian organisations have employed American pilots with this visa class even for positions that due to national security reasons would normally only be available to Australians.

There are Americans working for Qantas and Virgin. Many high paid defence support roles are also filled by Americans, not just flying jobs.

Please stick to the facts that you have direct knowledge of.