PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 9th Sep 2015, 04:40
lauryzoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feedback recent RYR interview

The day started at 0915 at Simtech Aviation Training Center. We had a short briefing about the assessment with a very nice assessor. Everything was relax.

He gave us the plates for the SIM and a clearance for departure. It was East Midlands WALLASEY 2N Rwy 27 cleared to 4000’. Wind 300/10 OVC 800’.

We went to a briefing room and we had plenty of time to brief with our sim partners.We were 8, so 4 of us have been assessed by an assessor and the others by the other one.The assessor is the same for the sim and the interview.

During my interview they asked me more HR questions like :

Tell us about yourself?
Why do you want to be a pilot?
Why RYR?
What are the qualities necessary to be a good RYR pilot?
How was your training?
Why did you choose your flight school?
Any accidents/incidents/unexpected event during flying ? And what did you learn from it as a result?
Which 3 bases would you like in order of preference?
Where do you usually fly from?
Where are your parents from?
How will you fund your Type Rating?
What type of aircraft does RYR operate?

I had only 2 technical questions :

Type of engine of B737-800?
What is the sweep angle of the B737-800 and why this value and not another one?

After the interview, we went to the SIM, I was the first PF, I performed the standard departure until TNT 12DME then after I got climbs, descents, speeds and headings, no steep turns. He asked me for the QDM and to intercept another QDM, to enter the hold and when turning to the inbound course, I got a cabin fire. I missed my first ILS so I called for a Go-around then I’ve been frozen and replaced on ILS, the second one was stabilized.
My partner got a different clearance. Rwy heading until 3DME then left heading 180, same exercises and an ill passenger.

For those who were with the second assessor, the sim was easier (T/O, radar vectors, ILS, no hold, ill passenger or cabin smoke), but the interview was based on technical questions like :

Anti-ice system of B737-800?
Anti-ice system of your previous aircraft?
Pressurization of the hydraulic system on B737-800?
Electrical system of your previous aircraft?
VMCG/V1/VMCA/VR/V2 (definitions, how they are placed and calculated ?)
And a lot of other questions about B737-800 and previous ME aircraft, especially for those who flew the DA42.

Just an advice, take it easy... They want all of us !