PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 8th Sep 2015, 22:38
mr ripley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Japes

I remember when Pedro was a ground school instructor during one of my OCU courses. He had a thing going about awarding an Honorary Baldric badge for reasons which i can't quite recall.

Stories linked to him were the exploding ALM, with boots filled with dry ice and a maybe the remains of a flying suit. Lots of fun with chains and tensioners and luggage. Using a brown chinagraph to fake skid marks in all your underwear. The fake shower.

But his most famous story (apologies if its been mentioned before) was the pax trip with a load of Gurkhas when he disappeared before flight up the rear escape hatch, but not before briefing a passenger that under no circumstances should the hatch be closed whilst he was outside. ALM2 then closes the hatch to much protestations from the passenger. Pedro meanwhiles enters the cockpit from the forward escape hatch and hide. After landing, Pedro has changed into a shredded flying suit with talc on his face and bangs on the hatch to be let in, making on that t he has been there all the time.

Other japes I remember was the NTS overheat, the leaking cups, the leaking roof (sometimes it was a cup of water down the neck), the sneezing Eng (flicking wet wipes).

The thing about Lyneham was the people, did the late G***** B**** really go out for sausages one Christmas Eve and was found behind one of the sofas in the Ante Room on Boxing Day?
Did an ATC cadet really vomit down S** V**** neck during a bumpy CPT trip?