PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell OH-58 cyclic issues
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2015, 21:34
Radam559

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bell OH-58 cyclic issues

So I am looking for some information or advice on what could be going on here...

I am having a problem with not having enough left cyclic when I am leveling out from a right turn. I am an ag pilot so I am flying somewhat aggressively, but not overly so especially with this issue. Basically I have no trouble turning to the left... helicopter will come right back up when I use right cyclic, but when I make turns to the right the helicopter is very sluggish to right itself and if I am not careful when I initially bank, I will hit the left stop trying to bring it back to level. I have noticed that even a slight right bank to correct my alignment coming into a pass will cause the same sluggish feeling like the helicopter doesn't want to level its wings out... This is happening when I am loaded down and when I am empty so I don't think its a heavy issue or a "liquid not being equal in both tanks" issue. Weather I maintain airspeed throughout the turn doesn't seem to make much difference as the situation still occurs. When in cruise flight I do sense that the cyclic is sitting a little farther left than it should be, even to compensate for any translating tendency there may be. The mechs say the rigging is all good but don't seem to interested in helping me solve the issue, almost as though its not an issue...and maybe its not, maybe its me, but my chief pilot and our other pilot say the same thing about the aircraft and I thought I would come in the forums and see if anyone out there may have an idea of what might be going on...

Thanks for any help