PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2015, 05:54
Reheat On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
#Deefer

You will also be equally aware that de facto zero energy inverted at <3000' is a poor place to start a recovery from the inverted. Kind of limits the options, would you not agree?

You offer the thought

I would strongly disagree with the notion that may only have been 10 seconds to sort something out at this point even if he had been concerned about his airspeed, or gate height.
I sense your experience of low level aero's might be a little rusty?

This is the fact: it was 12 seconds from inverted to impact. I think a two second margin to allow the eventual brown endorsement to spread evenly seems appropriate.

The best option is always to stay out of trouble. Once in trouble, time does fly by.

When did Noah build the Ark? BEFORE the storm... My point is that the problems were already in place at the top of climb.

Your comment:

If the aircraft was close to zero G at the top, the stall speed would also have been close to zero. At the top, assuming the engine was still developing thrust, the aircraft would have started to accelerate in both senses of the word - thrust + vertical component of W increasing the airspeed, and the G acceleration of pulling around the curve.
Duly noted aerodynamics Sir.

So: You volunteered at the back so step up: you grab the pen:

Talk me through the recovery from 100Kt [assume therefore ZeroG] inverted at ~ 2600' agl in an a/c with a 130Kt stall in an a/c with an est 75% fuel load including underwings on a hot [28 degC] day

There's the board....