PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUSFLY 2015 September 4-6, YNRM
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2015, 07:59
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The $15 charge when we walked in the gate was for what? You could walk in off the street for nothing.
Not accurate.

The walk in off the street was also $15, and what does all that pay for? If you were there you should know.

To put on an event like this costs a lot of money, and thousands of dollars of uncharged time by some pilots, organisers and so on.

To be frank, the old Mangalore days in 1988 (I saw a poster from back then in the office) were $10 adults and $5 for kids. Family of 4 = $30

Ausfly, 2015, $15/adults and kids free. Family of 4 = $30 for both days

That is 27 years later and still the same price. Or half by day.

Everyone who attends next year and pays a lot more than you did will be pleased you alerted me that the entry was far too cheap. Needs a CPI price rise from back in 88 I think

Oshkosh charge members USD$25 per day Thats $36 in AUD a day, and if you are a member. Sure this is not Oshkosh but with the attitude of a few…..it will never grow to be more like it.

Fortunately the feedback I had was 99% big smiles and very happy.

I heard a story of one SAAA member who paid at the gate and went straight to the office, demanded his money back from the girls claiming why should he pay as he only came in to attend the AGM. Then one of the board members wives stepped in and gave him a refund to stop the tanty and when asked for his name he sprouted, "well who are you?" He soon learned who she was, the Treasurer's wife

As he walked away they all chatted away to themselves…..now don't look up and enjoy the flying display that costs a fortune! Funny thing was he was spotted later the Friday night at the Aeroclub enjoying dinner and beers with his mates, and funny enough the very next day all day with the wrist band he did not surrender.

What a low life.

Aviation needs more of the folks who made this event happen, and none of all the whingers whiners and rock throwers. If you wonder why you get a sharp tongue from me ask me what it cost me to attend Ausfly, and ask me how many exhibits I saw, and how many friends I actually got to spend some time with. I dare anyone to ask (in private, and I am easy to contact) and then have a whinge.

To the 99% who had a great weekend, including all the 30-35 SAAA people (and locals) who rolled up there sleeves to make it happen, to the DAS Mr Skidmore who rather than take the easy way, drove to Temora and flew his own plane up, to the RAAF Roulettes, to Paul Bennet and his crew, to the Narromine Shire Council, to the folk fromAero Refuellers, Aviation Trader and CASA and all the exhibitors…………THANK YOU, because you guys deserve the accolades for a raging success.