PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2015, 21:43
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scratching....

As Artie rightly says and as I'm sure you know, shiny new aircraft is something that's a VERY long way down the list of things that people want. I'm genuinely pleased that the business is moving forward with the first steps towards fleet renewal while adding some capacity to the flying program. That being said, the financial pressures that come with new aircraft will pose a whole new challenge for the big wigs at LFFH and I'm pretty certain those at the coal face will suffer as a result. After all, the shareholders will be expecting a serious return on this enormous capital expenditure.

At a time when morale is through the floor and people on both sides of the door are either leaving or seriously looking to leave, I for one would be rather troubled if it came to light that any level of management were naive enough to believe that announcing some replacement 737's will make people think twice before hitting the 'submit' button on their BA, TOM, TCX, , FR, EK, TAG et al applications. Just my two cents worth and time will of course tell.