PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2015, 15:55
eye2eye5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair

Guys, thanks for your considered responses to my posting, some great food for thought. It is very much the change in emphasis, with secondary French airports disappearing from the destination board that prompted my query - which was whether there is a risk in the revised strategy. We don't have crystal balls so we don't know. I would remind posters though of the RBS/ Goodwin and TESCO/ Leahy styles of management and changes in business emphasis and ask them to consider the Ryanair/MOL relationship when asserting that there is no risk whatsoever. There certainly appears to be a greater appetite to go head to head with more established carriers. I also wonder whether the China slowdown may have implications for the residual values of older 738s which have been cash cows in the past. Shed - whilst not strictly for this thread, note the LPL - DUB has gone from 3 per day by based aircraft to 4 per day of which 3 are by Dublin based aircraft which goes some way to mitigate the apparent loss of a based aircraft.