PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAR 232...an Ausfly experience coming to you?
Old 6th Sep 2015, 02:33
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So is a medical DR a trade because its not a true Doctorate
yr'wrong,
You really have a problem, don't you.

A medical practitioner is a professional by qualification, usually starting of with an MB/BS or equivalent degree, which is not obtained by a combination of trade school and apprenticeship, by whatever name. The title Dr. for a physician( or dentist) is really a title justified by common usage, but many (particularly English) surgeons just go by the title Mr.

For your information, the mandate for competency based training and standards is not limited to aviation, it applies to all fields of education in Australia.

The present shambolic situation with AME licensing in Australia is not as a result of competency based standards, but is entirely CASA self generated.

The Australian LAME license was never the hardest to get ( although Australia was and is always pretty good at singing its own xenophobic praises), one of the overseas objections to recognising Australian licenses in recent years has been because of the limited training required (in teaching time and scope) in Australia, compared to most of Europe, SE Asia or the US, and the resultant limited knowledge and experience.

As for the rest, I have already answered, but obviously not to your satisfaction, I am afraid you will have to settle for my answers, once your prejudices are settled, mere facts will not disturb them. Some of your rather crude scatological phraseology does you no credit.

You really should get out more, it might puncture some of your self delusion.

Tootle pip!!