PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2015, 17:57
LOMCEVAK

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Pittsextra,

"... may have contributed to the accident". It was the panels opinion and if you read this report carefully I am sure you will agree that the postulations regarding use of rudder are not a typical control strategy in any aircraft. Therefore, did the panel really have the experience and knowledge to be qualified to comment on multi-typing or light aircraft flying?

To all of you who persistently pontificate about multi-typing:

I have flown multiple types of aircraft under military regulation plus civilian types for many years and still do. Even as a first tourist 35 years ago I was current on 3 types. 9 mil reg types at one time was probably the most during a couple of tours (plus about half a dozen civilian types). There is a lot of total BS written about multi-typing by those who have never done it or don't understand how to do it safely. There is a specific discipline in being able to multi-type safely and it needs to be discussed, taught, mentored and supervised. But it CAN be done safely if performed correctly although there are limits which need to be respected.

On the subject of multi-typing there appears to be a lot of 'why remain silent and be thought of as a fool when you can open your mouth and remove all reasonable doubt'. Rant over.