PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 28th Jun 2003, 04:55
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I've been into lots of confined areas where the space was a lot smaller than 100 ft by the width of that river. And I'm not even all that experienced; I'm sure many people on here have been into far tighter places than I have. And we don't think it's a big deal, and neither does anyone else. We've been trained for it, that's what helicopters are for, and we know we can do it. Missing a bridge is no different from missing trees, wires, or whatever - easier actually; you can see bridges; you can't always see wires.

So the complaints on here can't be because it's dangerous...because it isn't...and we all know that, if we think about it. The objections must be purely because it's illegal, not for any other reason.

So now we've established that, do we all always always always keep well within the law? When we know we probably won't get found out, and it'll do no-one else any harm? And if so, why? And if not, why are you objecting here?