PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2015, 11:35
rutankrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code:
Unless the route is late being loaded, it would appear that Ryanair are dropping Tallinn from Manchester for S2016. The increase in frequencies on some routes is to be welcomed (provided those to BCN, ALC and IBZ don't deter Vueling), but it's a pity if we lose a destination to a part of Europe not particularly well served from MAN and even where services do operate, frequencies are modest.

Iberia Express start MAD in a few days I believe, but I'm slightly puzzled by the choice of days of operation - Tues, Wed and Sat. although the Wed. flight is dropped for the winter. Are the days relevant in terms of onward connections to S America for example?
Afraid those Baltic routes are just not performing with adequate yield, even from London these days.

The IB2 service allows connections onto the very late flights to Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Peru via Lan, however interestingly they have filled the gap with Ryan giving a daily service pattern!

Could attract off peak tourist I suppose , however not particularly business friendly with little scope for even trips of few working days imo.

Saturday evening departures are certainly cheap and that's because its unpopular with most tourists and useless for business travel !

This service will need rejigging or it will go away again imo.

All that said Iberia historically operated the direct service to Madrid on Tuesday/Thursday and Saturday with Wednesday/Friday and Sunday going via Barcelona two decades ago.