PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 5th Sep 2015, 02:44
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Gotta love those consecutive 12 hour days.

Now before some of you shoot from the hip, try learning to "Play the Ball".

911 was a traumatic time with far reaching consequences, but what an even cursory glacé will reveal, is the sheer opportunism that followed. Sure, initially it was about survival, but now 15 years later it's all backslapping and "World's best practice". Once hard won conditions and ultimately career satisfaction are destroyed, they never come back. This the new reality of the American Regional scene. I mean a CRJ captain earning the princely sum of $90K! Sad days.

My remarks about "pretending to be a real Airline pilot" was not meant to insult. But that's exactly how the perpetrators of this crime see you. As I said, regional flying, which now accounts for more than 60% of US domestic travel is by that very fact alone an extremely serious business.

I don't think it too much for the travelling public to expect the pilots up front to be paid a commensurate amount, both in wages and lifestyle of the value of the cargo they are entrusted with.

I don't have the link, but if someone could post Chelsey Sullenburgers latest address to Congress (January this year I think) maybe his take on some of this will be accepted as a little more diplomatic.

Good luck all.