PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 4th Sep 2015, 22:40
Gate_15L

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I did something similar. I was young and single.

I'm now older and married, sitting at home where I grew up (not in the sandpit) and in the LHS of a narrowbody jet. I even see my kids for 20 days of the month that I'm not away. The first wife is still putting up with me. I'm under 40 years old. (don't believe everything you read in a profile..)

It worked for me.

Opportunities are what you make of it.

Sure there are going to be hardships, there are going to be hardships whether your sitting around Kunnas or bashing around Bots or dashing around in a American Regional. Each is a different challenge. We learn and get that sought after "experience" through challenges.
When or even if you do decide to come home, who are they going to hire? Someone with 1000s of hours in a clapped out twin or 1000s hours of jet regional time. I've seen it before, but all the recruiters see is previous airline experience.

I've been on PPrune a reasonable amount of time. (2010 is just my second login start date ) I had just finished my CPL when I stumbled on this site. The naysayers were louder and more numerous when I was trying to start out.

Ignore them. I did. They may have valid points which when analyzed, can be mitigated. Its also up to you to make sure you line up all your ducks in a row.

Sure you can be idealistic like KRUSTY and j3pipercub. They are entitled to
their opinions. I have no problem with that. The problem is, if you buy into their baggage too much, you'll get nowhere and at the end of the day, KRUSTY, j3 and co aren't paying you to sit around passing up jobs to be idealistic.

GO out there and make it happen.