PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 4th Sep 2015, 12:35
j3pipercub

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah Krusty, the truth helps no-one.

Where's my shiny jet? I'll happily move to the other side of the world and get paid crap. That means in a couple more years I can move to the opposite side of the world and get paid better crap to work for MRats. They don't need jet time anymore you see, plus have you seen the SIZE of their shiny jets? The Super in the A380 callsign stands for SUPER SHINY!

With all the technology these days I can watch my parents get old and frail from the other side of the world. I'll fly home every six months, which will turn into every year, then every couple of years. I feel guilty coming home infrequently and the only real way to assuage the guilt is to come home more infrequently. By the time it comes to bury them I'll feel almost nothing as I won't have seen them for almost a decade.

Any friends I had back 'down under' will move on with their lives, sparing an occassional thought for me living 'the life' globetrotting. Meanwhile I'll be onto my third wife and cheating on her with hopefully my fourth. At this rate I'll be working until I'm 70 (until the fourth wife is 40) but ICAO just outlawed that. If I'm lucky, really lucky, maybe I'll have a heart attack at 64 and pass mercifully in my superficial cookie cutter condo in the desert with a Scotch in hand. Not that I really ever liked the taste of Scotch, but all the other pilots seemed to. Maybe that's the scam, no-one does, but everyone wants to feel 'sophisticated'. What is an acquired taste anyway?

A bunch of people who I never really liked will have a half hearted wake in a place I grew to hate calling home, and never really was. I'll be boxed up and sent back to a place that wasn't home for nearly 4 decades.

It was all over in the blink of an eye. Was it worth the sacrifice? Who knows.

So...what sort of 'equipment' will we all be flying in the states? Hopefully this sort of stuff, all looks really cool! Lots of shiny jets in the video.

veoh - So You Want to be a Regional Airline Pilot?

Yes I know the video is almost a decade old, but do you really think things would have improved if they are allowing foreign pilots in?

j3