PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUSFLY 2015 September 4-6, YNRM
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2015, 12:12
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to see Ozrunways and horsham aviaition. No avgas this morning stopped a flying opportunity. Not much that hasn't been seen before. Most of the displays are RAA aircraft. Nothing to get enthusiastic about. Just miles of old farts like me wandering aimlessly around. there is a shortage of young enthusiasts which is not good for the future.
i have only been here since 7pm, and already a few friends in the aviation community already here have commented on the age of the crowd, and its implications for the industry, i must be part of the very few younger people here at a sprightly 40. another interesting observation is the negative attitudes of those in positions of influence with regards to the industry, and the negative nit picking attitude by quite a few people here, not what i expected to hear. , i know theis game is filled with strong personality types and egos, but seriously, can we just enjoy our sport without all the negativity and crap. some of this came from CASA people apparently.

so, if you see a young spring chicken in a APS shirt, yes, i want a free beer, a red baron jacket and Alaska bush pilot hat, Say hi. ill try to be positive.