PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 4th Sep 2015, 11:59
Bankrupt84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KRUSTY 34
Here's some pearls of wisdom for ya',

Give up now.

Because the way you guys are going the career you aspire to won't be worth the plastic your license is printed on. I wouldn't worry too much though, if any of you actually make it over to the US, I think you'll find the grass is not only less green, but has died long ago.

The North American Regional scene with regard to pilot lifestyle is absolutely stuffed. But hey don't let a KRUSTY old arseh@le who persevered for 10 years in Aussie G/A influence you!

HA! 10 years in Australian GA, a cake walk. Africa and PNG is where I have been cutting my teeth, also some instructing in Aus.

In any regards, I don't wish this to be about who has it tougher, that's all relative.

The inconvenient truth is that in order for me to get the higher paying jobs, I need the jet experience in order to do so.

Where can you get that experience? Well it looks like the USA would be a good option.

The T&C are crap, I am well aware. I am living in Zambia at the moment where we are having load shedding for 12hrs day. So USA is looking a whole lot better than my current employment, once again it's all relative.

Krusty, your only advice is for me to give up, I refuse to do so.
I have too much invested into this career and would like to see it thru. And perhaps if I take the sacrifises now, I might end up like you with a nice paying job in the future.

Always willing to hear and apply advice from guys/gals who have made it in this career. But when getting responses such as "give up" you realise how bitter and twisted those people have become.