PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Europe or United states?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2015, 11:15
DirtyProp

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheSkiingPilot
I wouldn't train in the US if I were you. There are many reasons which support my answer to your question.
Firstly, the FAA license is too easy.
Based on what?
Typical easa (or British, maybe?) mentality, congrats.
"We're smarter than those yanks, let's show them. Let's come up with a ridiculous amount of rules, many of them totally useless."
I suppose that having a huge amount of GA planes that - coincidentally - contribute to a strong economy is a bad thing, right?

It is of equal difficulty as getting a PPL in Europe. As the EASA license is more difficult to obtain, I suggest taking the hard route first before considering any conversions to an FAA license, an easier license to obtain.
Secondly, I hear the airline industry in America isn't doing too well at the moment, with jobs being hard to find, and with pay being very poor. Morale is not a strong point for pilots over in America either.
Thirdly, it is much easier to convert an EASA license to an FAA license (referring back to my first point).
And Finally, the standard of living is much better in Europe than it is in America. You'd be better off getting a job in Europe and living here rather than in America.

TheSkiingPilot
Again, based on what?
Because of course, living in Leicestershire is waayyy better than living in California or Florida, right?