PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 28th Jun 2003, 02:32
john du'pruyting

We are obviously split into two groups here...
Theres the group that thinks 'S**t if I think my skills are up to it and the aircraft can manage it, then I'll do it and f**k what anybody else thinks.' Their attitude is justified by the thought that if they pull it off then there's no harm done, and anybody who disagrees is either a killjoy or some pond life who doesn't understand the first thing about aviation. Then there's the other group. This second group realise that aviation (especially in the UK ) does not operate in a vacuum. If we do not operate with due regard and consideration to the non-flying people around us, then we can only expect their continuing opposition to any sensible de-regulation that may make flying more practical and enjoyable.
But it's alright, I'm sure the press will take the view that helicopter pilots must be fantastic individuals to be able to pull off a stunt like that, they certainly won't think about using the angle of danger to the public, they're far too open minded