PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 70th Anniversary Flypast:
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2015, 07:21
Ocean Person

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Reason for the 70th Celebrations:

spleener;

Considering China does not claim to have single handedly won WW2 I am surprised that you and others on these boards seem to be having trouble understanding what the 70th anniversary celebrations were all about. To put it in simple words there were two major reasons;--------

(1) Booting the Jap scourge out of China. (2) Sending a modern day message to "others" that they (the "others") are not the only people on this planet.

I trust you have taken on board the words of giggerty, Al E. Vator and gnadengurg as there are some honest truths in their posts. They have saved me the bother of spelling out details that most people don't know' or don't want to know. However I would like to be sure that you and your genus are aware of the existense of the big sign at the entrance to the town city of Jiuquan. Jiuquan stands on the edge of the Gobi Desert in NW China and is the centre of China's nuclear weapons industry. The sign is written in huge scarlet characters in Chinese and huge scarlet capitals in English. It starkly states----WITHOUT HASTE--WITHOUT FEAR--WE CONQUER THE WORLD>

O.P.