PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MYSTERY RE. TASMANIAN MULTILATERATION
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2015, 04:57
Dick Smith

Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts
Hempy - re: your post #26

Any success I’ve got in life is by surrounding myself with capable people and taking their advice.

All lateral thinking air traffic controllers I have spoken to tell me that an approach radar service is better than a non-radar procedural approach service. It won’t matter how much time I spend in the Melbourne centre, I’m sure experienced air traffic controllers are going to verify that.

The fact that you’re trying to justify that procedural is as safe as a radar based approach service, shows me that there is something else you’re hiding. That’s of course the secret of this whole issue.

To have air traffic controllers trying to justify that radar is not necessary is almost unbelievable. Could it be that the tower controllers want to keep their airspace of the size that it is and that means the status quo i.e. not using a radar approach service from the Melbourne centre?

So is anyone going to suggest that if we turn off the approach radar in Canberra that the system will be as safe as when it was operating? Of course not.