PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Major problems with FLYBE Q400s
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2003, 01:44
Raw Data

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
perseus

You might be vaguely amusing with the dodgy Northwestern dialect, but you don't seem to have much of a grasp on aviation history.

So... just from memory:

737: Aloha Airlines catastrophic fuselage failure, some rudder hardovers resulting in total losses, some losses of engines (ie engines departed the airframe, and not because the engine had seized, either).

747: UAL catastrophic cargo door failure resulting in several deaths, factory-repaired rear bulkhead that subsequently failed with the loss of all aboard, also several incidents of flap sections departing the airframe.

757/767: Lauda Air in-flight thrust reverser deployment, leading to loss of aircraft and all aboard.

777: Nothing (yet) as far as I know.

There are also plenty of catastrophic failures on the 707 and 727 fleets, not to mention the 720- but I can't recall them off the top of my head.

Perhaps I should have said "most types of Boeings", but I thought most folk would be intelligent enough to understand what I was saying.

Anyway... the failure of a pump hardly ranks along with the failures mentioned above, does it? In fact the faults found on the Q400 pale into insignificance when seen alongside the failures/teething troubles/gremlins of types we revere as being the epitome of fine aircraft design... I'd rather be in a Q400 with a hydraulic failure than that EMB 145 that broke in half on landing, or a DC10 with no flight controls... etc etc etc

Last edited by Raw Data; 28th Jun 2003 at 04:22.